There is a group called Humans of New York or HONY and this guy takes random pictures of people in New York and asks for a short interview. It’s really inspiring and interesting to see people in different situations and different phases of their lives. I decided to get enough courage to ask someone if I could take a picture of them. I went walking around the lake with my mom and ran back home to grab my camera. So here is the photo!
Meet John. I found John fishing by our lake and I asked if I could take his picture.
“How often do you fish?”
“About 2-3 times a week.”
“Do you catch anything?”
“Yeah, sometimes. Just not today. I haven’t caught nuffin’ really.”
“Do you keep the fish?”
“Nah, I catch ’em and toss them back in.”
As some of you may know, last year I did this thing and I called it 22 Before 23. It was a list of 22 things I’d like to accomplish before I turned 23. I’ll list them below. The idea is that you don’t need to complete all of them to have a successful year, but it keeps you reminded of your goals and to use it as a form of checklist for every year of your life. I, by any means, was not able to complete my list but I’m glad for the memories and things I was able to do.
My birthday is in exactly a week and I just finalized this upcoming year’s list. I’m so excited for the new stages of my life! What girl is really eager to be 23? The next big stage after 21 is being 25; when you can rent a car. But for me, it’s going to be a new way of life. New lifelong roommate, friend, lover, and the person whose job it is to bring me to Heaven! Imagine! Living your life with that one most important job. Anyway, that’s a different topic for next time.
Here is 22 Before 23:
- Learn how to play piano. I unfortunately failed at this one.
- Learn a new language. I wasn’t able to but I’m going to be more specific next time.
- Ride in a hot air balloon. Repeat for this year!
- Make 5 arts and crafts.
- Clean out closet – rotate clothes Yes and no. Definitely no right now.
- Complete at least half of our book. 😦
- Find a new job.
- Own a car.
- Get a new laptop.
- Complete Insanity – tone Ha. Ha. Ha…
- Learn calligraphy Lucky enough that my best friend got me a calligraphy set Christmas 2012 and I was able to learn a little. Repeat for this year!
- Learn how to make a dress on the sewing machine.
- Go back to school. Not my calling anymore for now.
- Read 5 books
- Start recipe book More like a binder and since I hardly cook right now, there’s not much in it. There will be in almost 4 months!
- Anything photos. I’m really glad I got to progress. I’ve had some good models and life happenings to help.
- CNA license
- Go on a roadtrip. I was fortunate to do this one quite a lot last year.
- Bake a special treat for someone
- Engaged. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And here is my new list!!
Here is my new list for this year! 23 Before 24:
- Marry Mr. Bauer This is by far going to be my most favorite thing to do this year!
- Learn sign language I think last year didn’t work because I wasn’t specific with myself. In terms of my new family, there will be great benefits in learning sign language.
- Ride in a hot air balloon. Still want to do this!
- Read 5 books Although I did this last year, it’s always important to take time out to read. I love reading and it’s harder now that I’m older and have a job.
- Passport This sounds like it can actually be done this year. I didn’t really pursue it all last year because my name is going to be changing soon and I don’t want to have do any process twice within a year time frame.
- Drink red wine on Italy street The reason why I’d be needing that passport!
- Learn how to budget I’m terrible with money. Anyone can attest to that. Now that I’m going to have more responsibilities and having to worry about someone else besides me, I need to learn to do big girl things. Growing up is tough.
- Go to Colorado with my best friend I’m really thinking this won’t happen until 2015 but it would be so nice to do it this year. I have a friend that lives in Colorado and it’s one state I’ve always wanted to visit.
- Plant I didn’t really have an opportunity to do it last year but now with my own little place, it should be more feasible. Keep it green, yo.
- Furnish apartment Sooo excited for an apartment with Andrew! And even more excited to furnish the place! Our own couch! Imagine that.
- Go skydiving These type of heights scare me. But after taking Elizabeth parasailing for a birthday gift, I think I can face my fear and go skydiving. I’ll probably be a chicken about it the whole time but I know I’d love it.
- Go on a roadtrip to see Sr. Judith All my roadtrips last year was to go to the convent. But this one will be specifically to spend time with her. I miss that chick.
- Run a 5k I really love running. I’m just bad at it. One of my dreams is to run a marathon. Got to start somewhere!
- Practice calligraphy I have that calligraphy set so I just need to practice it now.
- Disney My 4 year old inner self is screaming at me to do this. I have no choice but to listen, right?
- Say a rosary a day This will be a good habit to get into. I used to be great at it.
- Exercise daily Instead of giving myself a certain weight limit to reach, I think it’s more mentally healthy to choose to be healthy. And that would help if I just tell myself to exercise daily instead of trying to fit a mold.
- Shoot a gun Anyone want to take me to the shooting range?
- Go on a gelato date/date nights with my husband I’d love to do regular date nights with my future husband but if we just fit a gelato date in, (whether it be in Florida or Italy) I’d be happy.
- Charity I love doing charity work. My mother did a good job in instilling that in me. If anyone want to come with me to a nursing home to hang with the elderly, let me know!
- Watch the sunset at the beach on my honeymoon We’re going to the Keys so hey! Why not?!
- Take a photography class I’d like to get better at my hobby.
- Be happy. After watching this Ted video, I think many people lose their perspective on life. If I can be happy this year, then I can be happy every year. Remember to be happy. No matter what. Jesus loves you and I love you too.
My New Years consisted of me getting my lower right wisdom tooth pulled. It was hurting me all weekend so I decided to go to the dentist. They said it obviously needed to be extracted so I called Andrew to come be with me so he can drive me home.
I spent most of the day sleeping and woke up an hour before midnight to drink hot (well, cold in my case) chocolate and kiss the family. We went outside to pop little confetti thingamabob’s and took pictures. I just wanted to share them with you all.
Mom acting like a goof.
Andrew trying to blow it away from his face.
Anthony wasn’t feeling well and didn’t really want to take a picture. He was forced to.
Introducing our adorable kitty, Gallifrey. Or Gally for short.
Hope you had a marvelous and blessed New Years!